Library of Things
Take Home Crafts Equipment, Tools, Tech Equipment, and More with your library card!
How Lillie’s Library of Things works:
- Use your Lillie M. Evans Library card to check out.
- Most items circulation to any LME Library cardholder but a few items are only available for cardholders 18 or older.
- Use our Library of Things Online Catalog to see what items we have and see availability of items.
- All items can be checked out at the Service Desk.
Borrow, Don’t Buy! Interested in buying an item but, want to try it out first? If we have it in Lillie’s Library of Things, you can try it out!
Lillie’s Library of Things has been supported in part by a grant from the American Library Association (ALA) is part of the association’s Libraries Transforming Communities: Focus on Small and Rural Libraries initiative or by Project Next Generation grants using Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds (CFDA 45.310), provided to the State Library by the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).
Most items in Lillie’s LoTs are located by the adult magazines in the Turner Room. Bring the item or enquire at the Service Desk to check out. Items are arranged by category as follows:
Crafting is always popular at the LME Library and now you can try some things at home! We have a Cricut and Silhouette machines and several kits (bow making, candy making, and soap making) available for two-week loan.
LME Library is delighted to offer a collection of board games you can check out, take home and play with friends and family! Several popular board games are available for two-week loan. Plan a family game night or gather friends and play in teams or tournament style.
This collection is just starting so bear with us! Currently we have a handheld fabric steamer but more items will be added!
LME Library has bike repair kits and Kill-A-Watt energy detectors available for two-week checkout.
LME Library is a member of Explore More Illinois, a free service that provides instant online access to free and discounted tickets to museums, science centers, sporting events, zoos, park districts, theatres, and other fun and local cultural venues. You will need your library card number and PIN to access the online reservation system—contact LME Library if you need assistance! To access go to https://exploremore.quipugroup.net/?LillieMEvans
Check out our STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) kits. All Ages will enjoy the building, discovering, creating, exploring and solving activities! (available for Two-Week checkout period)
We have a variety of technology devices including mobile hotspots! Accessing the internet is easier than you might think with this portable device that you can use at school, home, work or even outdoors. Many of the items in this section were provided by Project Next Generation grants using Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds (CFDA 45.310), provided to the State Library by the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS). More information about PNG equipment can be found at http://pngatlme.pbworks.com/
LME Library purchased a 20’x40’tent with a grant from the American Library Association (ALA) as part of the association’s Libraries Transforming Communities: Focus on Small and Rural Libraries initiative The tent is available to local organizations and businesses and can be checked out with an adult LME Library card.
When setting up the LME Library Tent, please review and familiarize yourself with these resources:
- Manual—please note: stake lines should be set 5 ft. from tent https://www.gettent.com/images/C04Y20X40-20-x-40-classic-pole-tent-1-pc-manual.pdf
- Tent Squaring Procedures https://www.gettent.com/images/tent-squaring-procedure.pdf
- Tent Squaring & Pre-Staking Procedures Tutorial, Video 14 (8:15) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjBJ6wCuAjA&list=PLWqHMXfV-ylbcEHyqve5NUXGTAHi420F7&index=14
- Pre-Positioning Side Poles, Video 17 (0:40) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tUbqm3UqVU&list=PLWqHMXfV-ylbcEHyqve5NUXGTAHi420F7&index=17
- Tent Pole Basics: How to Set Corner Poles & Leave Slack for Center Pole, Video 7 (3:33) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXTAHq-mEWs&list=PLWqHMXfV-ylbcEHyqve5NUXGTAHi420F7&index=7
- Tent Pole Basics: How to Tie a Jump Rope, Video 5 (1:38) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM2bwFuSw64&list=PLWqHMXfV-ylbcEHyqve5NUXGTAHi420F7&index=5
- Tent Pole Basics: How to Install Center Poles, Video 6 (1:35) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mynG__sFrxk&list=PLWqHMXfV-ylbcEHyqve5NUXGTAHi420F7&index=6
- Tent Pole Basics: Tensioning Methods, Video 1 (11:08) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFMvq659lBo&list=PLWqHMXfV-ylbcEHyqve5NUXGTAHi420F7&index=1
2-3 people are needed to square up and pre-stake tent. 3-4 people are needed to set up. The basic set-up video should be watched by all: https://youtu.be/M6GQAXleFWM. Specs are at: https://www.gettent.com/tents/20-x-40-push-pole-tent.asp
For maximum life of the Tent, please:
- Always use the drop cloth during installation and dismantling.
- Do not walk on the tent fabric at any time.
- Cover the tent post pin with your hand when maneuvering the post so that the pin does not tear or damage the tent fabric
- Always attach the jump ropes to the poles to ensure that the wind does not lift the tent off the pole pins.
WARNING: Be aware of overhead obstructions and underground utilities when installing a tent. Installers are cautioned to review the resources summarized, review the conditions at the proposed site and plan accordingly. By law you are required to contact JULIE. It’s a free service that could save you time, costly utility repairs, and even your life. Online or over the phone, JULIE’s request system is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply submit an E-Request to avoid possible hold times or call 811.
When putting the tent away, please review the following:
- Manual https://www.gettent.com/images/C04Y20X40-20-x-40-classic-pole-tent-1-pc-manual.pdf
- Folding and Rolling a 20'x40' Pole Tent, Video 22 (1:48) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBcQxg3VQ8w&list=PLWqHMXfV-ylbcEHyqve5NUXGTAHi420F7&index=22
- How to use the manual stake puller (0:57) https://youtu.be/u-H2HmF1pqA
There are additional YouTube videos from Celina Tent (28 videos) at:
Quick pole tent installation overview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38V6Tcb9bzc
Importance of drop cloths: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CRmvxt9lmA