WiFi at LME Library
The Lillie M. Evans Library offers free wireless Internet access (WiFi) for public use. Access to our wireless Internet network is available to anyone with a laptop or other WiFi enabled mobile devices. This service is not to be used as a permanent connection. Use of the Library's wireless access points constitute acceptance of our Internet Access and Computer Use Policy. Internet access is filtered. Adults may access the Internet without filtering by using a public workstation and having staff remove the filter.
How to Connect
Connect to the LME-guest hotspot. Next, open your web browser where you will be redirected to a login screen. Cick "OK" to accept our Internet Access and Computer Use Policy.
- Any portable PC, notebook computer, netbook, tablet, pocket PC, phone, PDA or gaming device that is Wifi enabled.
- Your device must have an 802.11a, 802.11b, or 802.11g based Ethernet device installed.
- Use a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Opera.
- Set your device to obtain an IP address automatically and obtain addresses automatically from a server (DHCP). Leave all other fields blank. Restart the laptop for the changes to take effect. Here is how to configure these settings for Windows and Mac OS.
Limitations and Disclaimers
- The Library's wireless network is not secure. Information sent from or to your device can be captured by anyone else with a wireless device and the appropriate software, within three hundred feet.
- Library staff is not able to provide technical assistance and no guarantee can be provided that you will be able to make a wireless connection.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or for laptop configurations, security, or data files resulting from connection to the Library's network.
- Use of the Internet is a privilege, not a right. Any violation of the Library's Internet Access and Computer Use Policy may result in loss of library privileges and appropriate legal action may be taken.
- If you are unable to connect, please ask at the front desk for a computer pass to a public workstation.